- How can you identify a complex sentence?
- What are 5 examples of subordinating conjunctions?
- What are 10 examples of compound complex sentences?
- What type of conjunction is used in a complex sentence?
- How do you know if a sentence is simple compound or complex?
- Which is an example of a complex sentence?
- What are 5 examples of complex sentences?
- What is the definition of a complex sentence and examples?
- What are the rules for a complex sentence?
- What are 10 examples of compound sentences?
- How do you write complex sentences?
How can you identify a complex sentence?
A complex sentence is an independent clause (a sentence that can stand on its own) with 1 or more dependent clauses added (dependent clauses can’t stand on their own as a sentence)..
What are 5 examples of subordinating conjunctions?
Some examples of such subordinating conjunctions are once, while, when, whenever, where, wherever, before, and after.
What are 10 examples of compound complex sentences?
2. Examples of compound-complex sentencesKate doesn’t like cartoons because they are loud, so she doesn’t watch them.The dog started barking so the cat ran away and I couldn’t keep up, so I stopped.She likes to sleep in but she can get up early if she has work.
What type of conjunction is used in a complex sentence?
Subordinating conjunctionsSubordinating Conjunction Definition Sentences where there is an independent and at least one dependent clause, it is known as a complex sentence. Subordinating conjunctions are therefore found in complex sentences where they try to join or link the clauses together.
How do you know if a sentence is simple compound or complex?
A simple sentence consists of only one clause. A compound sentence consists of two or more independent clauses. A complex sentence has at least one independent clause plus at least one dependent clause.
Which is an example of a complex sentence?
For example; He sang and she danced. Subject / verb / co-ordinating conjunction / subject / verb. A complex sentence has one independent clause and at least one dependent clause.
What are 5 examples of complex sentences?
Common Complex Sentence ExamplesBecause my coffee was too cold, I heated it in the microwave.Although he was wealthy, he was still unhappy.She returned the computer after she noticed it was damaged.Whenever prices goes up, customers buy less products.More items…
What is the definition of a complex sentence and examples?
A complex sentence is a sentence that contains one independent and at least one dependent clause (sometimes called a subordinate clause). … When these two types of clauses appear in a sentence, we create a complex sentence. Consider this example: I like to eat the candy before I watch a movie.
What are the rules for a complex sentence?
Complex sentences are sentences that have two clauses. There can be two independent clauses (each having a subject and predicate), or an independent clause and dependent clause (missing a subject or predicate). Whether a comma is used between them depends on the types and positions of the clauses.
What are 10 examples of compound sentences?
Compound SentencesI like coffee. Mary likes tea. → I like coffee, and Mary likes tea.Mary went to work. John went to the party. I went home. → Mary went to work, but John went to the party, and I went home.Our car broke down. We came last. → Our car broke down; we came last.
How do you write complex sentences?
A complex sentence is formed by adding one or more subordinate (dependent) clauses to the main (independent) clause using conjunctions and/or relative pronouns. A clause is a simple sentence. Simple sentences contain only one clause (verb group). Complex sentences contain more than one clause (verb group).